We are seeking a talented senior creative software developer to join Dominic Harris' digital art studio in west London. The role will only suit someone with a very high level of Unity 3D / C# skills, coupled with a very good eye for aesthetics and an interest in pushing technologies to achieve highly innovative results.
You will be working within a team of talented fellow developers, animators and 3D artists developing and executing the interactive real-time artworks of artist Dominic Harris. This senior role entails working closely with Dominic to develop the technological concepts, and developing software for the artworks that are exhibited internationally.
The position is based at Dominic's London-based studio, from where all development and testing occurs within a well-resourced vibrant studio setting. The role will be supported by the existing in-house team of other developers, producers, 3D artists, riggers/animators, electronics engineers, product designers, etc.
The role will include:
- Creating real-time 4K screen-based and multi-channel immersive installations and artworks of exceptional standard and uniqueness.
- Access to R&D budgets and resources to ensure studio remains at cutting-edge.
- Leading and providing guidance for junior team members.
- Leading projects and working with the team (with assistance of a dedicated Producer) to ensure efficient development of artworks.
- Liaising with the artist, various managers and design/production teams.
- Strong and proven experience in several of the following:
- Unity (essential)
- C# (essential)
- Shaders – vertex, compute, pixel (essential)
- Mathematics – matrixes, quaternion, trigonometry (essential)
- Demonstrable passion for tech/art/experiential events and involvement in the wider software development community (i.e. blog, GitHub, etc)
- An eye for design and creating beautiful aesthetics through generating graphics with code.
- Competent time management skills; able to work on several projects at once, thrive on challenges and deliver to tight client deadlines.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Bonus annual leave for long-serving employees
- Company pension above UK minimums
- Committed investment in new technology for R&D and experimentation.
- To apply please email a CV and portfolio/website to: email@example.com with ‘Senior Creative Software Developer’ and your name in the subject line. Failure to do so may result in your application being misplaced.
- We will arrange interviews with a number of applicants at our London studio.
- If you have received a reply within 4 weeks of submitting your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.